Currently Browsing:Uncategorized

Income Tax Obligation Assistance

I help people get back on track with their income tax obligations. For most people, that means arranging a repayment plan. Some people meet the criteria for an offer in compromise. Others may be classified as currently not collectible. The point is to address the problem before things get out of hand. Most people I

Read More

IRS Installment Agreement

You entered into an installment agreement with the IRS. Your financial situation has worsened since you made the agreement. I can help you take a look at your current situation and determine if you should request a new agreement. There are alternatives. Call our office at (678) 797-5241 to schedule your consultation today!

S Corporations

Pursuant to the new tax law effective January 1, 2018,  the choice of business entity has become more important. Pass thru entities are potentially eligible for a new 20% deduction. An S corporation election might be an effective way of minimizing income taxes. We analyze small businesses to assist business owners in making the best

Read More

Determining Reasonable Compensation

The concept of reasonable compensation has always been important in determining adequate compensation for the shareholder/employee of S corporations. The concept has taken on an additional importance with the passage of the new tax law effective January 1, 2018. We can help you determine a defensible calculation of reasonable compensation that can aid in the

Read More

Tax Returns

If you have not filed your tax returns for multiple years, I can help prepare and get the returns filed and deal with the IRS and state taxing authorities. However, just as important is that you are compliant with your filing in the future. Compliance means that you file your returns in a timely basis

Read More

Substitute For Return

If you don’t file a tax return, the IRS can file one for you based on what’s been reported to them by different payers. They basically include all of your income but don’t give you the full benefit of deductions. You then receive an inflated tax bill that includes overstated penalties and interest. You can

Read More

Professional Practices

I do work for lawyers, dentists, doctors, veterinarians, chiropractors and many other professional practice businesses. It’s not unusual to fall behind in entity taxes, individual taxes and payroll taxes at the same time. A coordinated effort must be made to address all three when trying to resolve problems before things get out of hand. I

Read More

Lost Refund

If you are due a refund but don’t file a return, the US Treasury can keep your money if you don’t file within 3 years of the filing deadline. Enough said.

Do I file a return this year?

The deadline to file your Form 1040 without extension is April 18 this year. You haven’t file a return for multiple years. You have a decision to make. Do I let it slide again this year? The odds of non discovery are not in your favor. The IRS is not the only organization that may

Read More

Unpaid Taxes

Your parents are nearing retirement. Their house is paid for and they have accumulated other assets to aid in that retirement. They jointly owe income taxes for prior years or never filed a return. The IRS does not inquire as to unpaid taxes or unfilled returns. The years pass. They now receive social security and

Read More